Monday, November 15, 2010

Testing!

This is not the new design! Well, it may be close to this, but I would really like to import my own header with a photo and different text and whatever. So I'm hoping to continue to improve the overall look of the blog as I go along. Maybe somebody will help me out during thanksgiving... eh, eh? Just think about it.

pies and tart
Here is my first photo for the blog. This past spring (I think) my mom and I took a pastry class at a local culinary school where we basically just got to make a few pies and tarts. I did learn one thing that day, that when you make Pâte Brisée Sucrée (or short sweet paste, OR tart dough) there is a technique called fraisage. Where you basically smash and slide the dough across the table with the heel of your hand. You don't have to do this though. I'm sure most people just use their food processors or mixers (which is probably why I had never heard about it before). Plus, it kind of hurts your hand.
Even though the class was not all that informative for somebody like me who makes this stuff all the time, it did result in some delicious pies and tarts for us to take home and eat! yay! Here is a photo of the lemon meringue (the teacher made the meringue, not us. he didn't make it stiff enough. lazy teacher), my fruit tart, and a pumpkin pie (my mom's fruit tart isn't in this picture, but mine was prettier anyway =D ). They also had a special sprayer to cover the fruit with syrup instead of brushing it on, which results in a much thinner layer. Very cool.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...