Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting CHILI around here

haha, I'm so funny. No I haven't forgotten about my once a week deal (cough Joel cough), but sometimes I get lazy and whatnot. I did MAKE chili last week and just didn't get around to posting about it. So we'll call that even. Anyway... chili.
Yes, so I made some delicious chili last week and I am very excited about it! I have tried a variety of different recipes and none of them were quite what I was looking for until this one. It's still not the BEST chili I've ever tried, but it IS the best I've ever made. And considering I don't plan on smoking my own meats or cooking the chili for 10 hours at each stage of cooking like I know some restaurants do... I'm going to call this a great success! This is another recipe from Smitten Kitchen (of course) but I did alter it quite a bit after following the original recipe pretty closely. I used a LOT more tomato than the recipe calls for: about 1/2 a jar of tomato sauce, 1 large can chopped tomato w/liquid, and a few large tablespoons of tomato paste. Plus I also added beer and a couple chocolate chips for good measure. I know everybody has their own idea of what a great chili is, so you may find this recipe to be totally not up your ally. That's cool, this is just my best so far. I also ate it with the cheddar biscuits that were in the smitten kitchen post as well and it was fabulous.
I haven't decided on what to make yet this week. Tomorrow is Tuesday lunch at Hillel where I typically bring a taste of whatever I'm working on for certain people to try... but I'm just not sure it will be happening this week (sorry). The kitchen (read: house) is kind of a mess and I don't think I'll be up to it tomorrow. Maybe something will strike me though... who knows! But until then, go to smitten kitchen and see if this chili is for you... you won't be disappointed!

p.s. still working on getting Guy to start taking pictures of my creations with his fancy camera and flash. Once I get a good shot I will definitely put them up here.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...